Once again, I’m sure you have noticed, there are a lot of changes going on here at The Paralegal. I have recently decided to simplify this blog by taking the nonprofessional articles and publishing them on another blog — The Paralegal at Home. There you will find all the fashion, home decoration and renovation, etc., basically all the stuff I do and get involved in when I’m not working….. Yeah, I know, we sometimes have time to have a life too.
By creating a blog dedicated to outside interests, albeit still paralegal related, – – Yeah, I’m still a paralegal, even if it’s the weekend – – I have gone back to the original purpose of this blog which was to bring you profession related articles, legal news and events and from time to time some miscellaneous type information all related to what you need in order to better do your job.
So, what exactly is the plan for this blog “The Paralegal”?
- Mondays – The plan for Mondays is to publish a recap of the previous week. A Week in the Life – – I want to give you a flavor for what happens on a day to day in this paralegal’s life which may present challenges, how I overcome those challenges any tips I may have come across that may help make your life easier.
- Thursdays – One of the things I plan to bring to you on a weekly basis is a rundown of legal news. And in the News – I’m still not sure how this is going to turn out and it will be a work in progress. For now the plan is to publish a weekly post, I’m thinking on Thursdays. I will be honest with you, the reason I picked Thursdays is because that schedule will give me almost an entire week to write the articles. I want to be consistent but as we all know, consistency is not a luxury paralegals have a lot of. Some days I may not be able to get out of the office until late and with a two hour commute I won’t have the energy to sit in front of the computer…… Don’t worry I still love you all. I just won’t do the blog any justice if I try to force myself to write anything. Trust me, you would not be interested in seeing it.
- Sundays – I’m still going to dedicate Sundays to my Paralegal Humor. I really enjoy looking for those little cartoons/commits around the internet. I’m thinking I may even include some humor from other sources such as Pinterest (and you can go and follow me there), Facebook (you can friend me there as well).
I hope this schedule works for you. I think I can commit to this schedule and if there are some surprise posts then the better for all of us. I have a few things I’m planning to do but since I’m not sure how to get those done I won’t discuss them for now. Just keep checking here for more updates.
And…. What is the Plan for the other blog “The Paralegal At Home”?
I know you will be interested in checking out the other blog, The Paralegal at Home….. It’s a baby, go there and give it some love.
There, you will see fashion articles; things like, what to wear to the office, what not to wear to the office, some weekend wear and accessories. There will be articles for the home or about the home. As most of you know, the husband (this is what I will call him throughout) and I have recently bought a house which needs a lot of love & care so you will see some decorating ideas, wish lists, cleaning and home-keeping, organization, and some stuff that we will be doing to renovate or make it our own. There will be articles related to make up, nail polish, skin care….everything related to the vanity/makeup table. Last but not least, there will be some information about what I do in my spare time…. the lifestyle section. Here the plan is to have some stuff about where I’m going, day trips I go on, information about things I find out such as a good place to eat or a great book I’m reading. I think this is where I’m going to publish those articles which don’t really fit anywhere else on the blog…. Again, all this is a work in progress so things may change.
Now for the schedule over there……. Ready?
- Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays – – There will be a post called “In Every Budget” This is something I actually thought about yesterday and because it doesn’t involve a lot of writing I think I will be ready to pull it together quickly and able to publish it three times per week. What does that title mean, I’m sure you’re asking – – Well, I thought I would pick one thing (it can be clothing, accessories, shoes, make-up, skin-care) and find a similar product for three different budges. So I thought of aligning it with a law firm. Here are the budges I came up with
- Managing Director/Partner
- Executive Director/Associate
- Tuesdays – – Weekly favorites. Every week I will pick out 5 things that stood out as my favorites for the previous week. These can be anything (clothing, shoes, makeup, tea, coffee, books, articles I read).
I hope this schedule works with all of us. I will keep you posted as to how I’m doing and if it’s something I can live with.
In addition there may also be changes to look of the blog. Since I will no longer be publishing articles about anything other than professional issues, there is no reason to have the same menu. I am thinking of making things a little easier and freshen it up a bit. So that may happen sooner rather than later….. I’m sure you will notice when that happens.
I want to thank you all of you for sticking with me even when articles were not so regular. You never stopped checking in and send emails. I truly appreciate it. It kept me going even when I thought I no longer wanted to be a paralegal. I am committed to making this a great community.
Please, don’t be shy (I know you’re not) give me your thoughts, comments and criticism. Let me know what you would like to see on the blogs. I will and have taken all your comments seriously and here is the proof.
Now, it’s time to get to work. Have a great day and I’ll see you all soon.
The image was borrowed from ngonapoom.wordpress.com